1) Improving your study habits will improve your grades.
2) Teaching gives me pace, and variety, and challenge, and the opportunity to keep on learning.
3) Being very short of money and wanting to do something useful, I applied.
4) Having little in common is a frequent cause of divorce。
5) Owing sets of books is useless unless you read them。
6) Drinking, eating, and smoking excessively can do severe harm to even a young person’s health.
7) The art of communication requires learning the language and culture of the audience。
1) Fresh vegetables are nutritious(有营养的); furthermore, they re cheaper than frozen ones.
2) We will not only bring joy into other people’s lives, but also added happiness into our own.
3) But teaching offers something beside money and power; it offers love. Not only the love of learning and go books and ideas, but also the love that a teacher feels for his students.
4) Not only should you limber up (做准备活动) before exercising, but you must also be sure to cool down afterwards。
5) They do not seem to like one anther very much. Neither are they too keen on conventional people (正统的人)
1) What makes it rather disturbing (令人烦恼) was the arbitrary circumstances both of my arrest and my subsequent fate in court。
2) But what was most shocking at the time was the thins my release from the charge so clearly depended on .
3) What I remember then is not her failure, but her courage, the courage to go ahead.